6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
As required by local data protection regulations the individual may exercise certain Data Subject Rights of information, access, rectification, restrict processing or erasure by directly contacting the TES entity who is the controller (as specified in this notice or otherwise communicated to the data subject). TES companies outside the EEA have appointed their representative (a TES company) within the EEA as required by GDPR. The Table 2 sets out the TES entity who is the representative.
Table 2: TES data controllers & GDPR responsibles
Many of our external third parties are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
General: transfers of personal data from inside the EEA to outside the EEA
Whenever we transfer your personal data from inside the EEA to outside the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- Where we transfer personal data from TES companies in the EEA to TES companies outside the EEA, we will do at least one of the following:
- Use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries; or
- requiring all our group companies to follow the same rules when processing your personal data. These rules are called “binding corporate rules”. For further details, see European Commission: Binding corporate rules.]
- For transfers of your personal data made via our website at your request, we will obtain your consent to the transfer of such personal data to the country specified by you in the Contact Form.
Transfer of personal data to other TES group companies via our website
Personal data may be collected by TES via our website when the website user submits a Contact Form or other equivalent form on our website. In such cases, the user is required to select a TES entity or a country from a drop-down menu on our website (the countries in this menu are countries in which TES has a group company or where an TEs entity is offering services) to indicate which country (and corresponding TES group company) the user (or business they represent) wishes to contact. Such personal data will be used by the TES entity in the selected country in order to deal with the query and to manage the relationship between the user (and/or relevant organization that the person represents) and TES.
Accordingly, based on the selection of the individual, the personal data of the individual may be transferred to other entities within the TES group inside and outside of the EU. These data transfers are carried out with the consent of the individual.
How we coordinate responses within TES group to your data subject requests
As required by local data protection regulations the individual may exercise certain Data Subject Rights (see Paragraph 9 : Your Rights) by directly contacting the TES entity who is the controller (as specified in this notice or otherwise communicated to the data subject). The Table 2 above sets out the TES entity who has responsibility for coordinating our responses to individuals making data subject requests or other data protection enquiries.
Please Contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data from within the EEA to outside of the EEA.