The Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher (MAR) licensing program is tailored to large refurbishers like TES, to deliver genuine Microsoft software licenses on refurbished computers.
For partners to participate in the program, there are several key competencies to be met. This includes having the scale to add MAR licenses to tens of thousands of units annually, core technical capabilities, security measures to ensure the safe storage and handling of Certificates of Authenticity (COA), data sanitization, detailed compliance reporting, and exacting standards on health, safety, and the environment.
TES is proud to have been a MAR partner for the last six years and was recently awarded the 2020 MAR Innovation award by Microsoft. Microsoft selects one partner per year to receive this special award and cited several standout achievements that went in to the selection of TES:
FY20 – Year on year growth of 80%+
- Building a refurbished devices channel and offering devices through an online marketplace.
- Building a refurbished devices brand in Europe sold online direct and via developing partner networks.
- Recruitment of Third Party Refurbishers in Asia across 6 countries in FY20.
- Working with a PC original equipment manufacturer (OEM) on a donation program in Asia Pacific Japan (APJ) and Europe Middle East and Africa (EMEA). This included shipping retired laptops to donation recipients post data sanitization, refurbishment, and MAR, while providing warranty support.
- Developed trade in portal and Employee Purchase Program with key clients while leveraging the MAR program. COVID PC Donation project with local community NGOs to underprivileged kids for learning from home in EMEA and APJ.
Jim Meadowcroft, Group Director of Value Recovery/Remarketing"TES is beyond delighted to receive the 2020 MAR Innovation award from Microsoft. This achievement reflects our continued push to get useable refurbished technology in the hands of those that need it most. TES is committed to sustaining tomorrow as we believe that our future is linked with the success of people and the planet.”
The MAR program ensures that end customers are presented with a high-quality professional refurbished device, that is already preinstalled with a genuine Microsoft operating system. This supports our commitment to making a decade of difference to securely, safely and sustainably transform and re-purpose 1 billion kilograms of assets by 2030.