As 2017 comes into focus, I’d like to spend some time to reflect on the year that was 2016 and take stock of the past 12 months.
Its only when I did this that I realised what an evolutionary (and busy) year of transformation and growth it’s been. With some time to reflect it was clear that 2016 was a year that set TES on a firm footing for continued growth in 2017.
The key changes:
- Acquisition of Dataserv, adding 9 sites across Europe and the US to our expanding global footprint. Over the past 9 months we have worked hard to fully integrate Dataserv into TES and I’m pleased to announce that Dataserv was rebranded as TES in January as the final step in its integration.
- Developed a parts business in key markets focused on parts sourcing, venting excess/obsolete parts, and leveraging parts capabilities to support our ITAD/recycling services via harvesting and repair.
- Introduced Managed Deployment services across 27 countries in Europe and Asia.
- Made significant investments in facility upgrades including sites in Japan, Singapore, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
- Made significant investments in talent to upskill the business; all squarely aimed at areas that add value to the service we provide our clients:
- Security: Added Chief Security Officer and recruited a supporting team.
- Value Recovery: Consolidated responsibility in the Global VR Director and hired several product specialists in strategic geos to drive higher product values.
- Service Delivery/Sales: Added the right level of talent to drive broader and deeper engagement with our clients and prospects.
- Dataserv’s warehouse management system was a key foundation of our acquisition and as such we plan to roll this application out across our APJ footprint. After exhaustive scoping and testing, I am pleased to say the system is online in Singapore with other sites to follow across 2017.
- We continued to roll out our ERP system and succeeded in bringing our bigger markets onto the new financial management platform with no negative client impact.
- Invested in several mobile shredders (Singapore, China, Hong Kong, Japan, and Australia) to better support our client’s evolving security requirements. We will continue to aggressively invest in the on-site services area of the business to ensure our clients business needs are fully served.
- We have been on quite a journey over the past 12 years and as we ready TES-AMM for the next decade, we went through a re-branding process in January 2017. We were excited to share the new logo and branding with you and you will see the use of TES as the visible name of TES-AMM. This included rebranding Dataserv as TES. For clarity’s sake, all legal entities will remain the same, but we will drop all non-TES names from our public profile.
- We have firm plans for further footprint expansion in the USA in Q2/Q3 of 2017. We will share more of this in the coming months.
- Continuing our drive to improve our client offerings, service and outcomes, we expect to relocate and upgrade our Hong Kong and Staines, UK facilities. Our Staines location is being enlarged and we will be moving a few miles away into a new purpose readied facility by March 2017.
- Q1 will see a new role filled as we welcome our Group Operations Director on board. He will be focused on delivering world class operations consistently across our footprint.
- With the maturing of TES and the growth of the Service Delivery / Sales team we will continue to focus on serving our clients with world class solutions that strengthens our engagement.
- The legacy Dataserv warehouse management system will continue to roll out across Asia. Once completed this will create another first for TES as we will be the first company in our industry using a consistent system globally. Think client portal visibility, consistent reporting, common inventory views, and more; we look forward to sharing more details with you as we progress here.
- In January we welcomed Steve Graham to TES as Regional Sales Director for Europe. Steve has extensive experience in our industry and his leadership will quickly be visible to our teams and clients in Europe.
- Continuing to expand key capabilities developed in 2016:
- Expansion of Managed Deployment services to additional countries.
- Expansion of our growing parts business to additional countries.
- Acquiring additional mobile shredders to strategically expand this offering.
Clearly 2017 is shaping up to be another busy year for TES. Our commitment to you throughout this is twofold; to continue to evolve to match your growing needs and more importantly to provide zero disruption your business as we go through that process. We thank you for another great year of partnership in 2016 and look forward to the year ahead.